WN Limited needs to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom it deals in order to operate. In addition, it may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information of this kind to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data, for example.
This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper in a computer, or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this In the data Protection Act 1998.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by WN Limited is very important to successful operations, and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves.
We ensure that our organization treats personal information lawfully and cursedly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of data protection, as enumerated in the Data Protection Act 1998, Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
- shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- shall not be kept longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures shall be taken against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to, personal data;
- shall not be transfered to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensues an adequate level of protection for the lights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.